Background

Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Electronics "Shrine"


I told Chase that I was making a place for my electronic gadgets to charge and immediately he called it my "Electronics Shrine".
So...that will be the name of the project that I just finished.

I found this three level beauty at DI for $1.
I didn't know what I was going to do with it, but I knew I couldn't pass it up.


Then I found these wooden bowls that also came with a large wooden bowl that I will show you in my next post. These were perfect to go on top of my "Electronics Shrine".


I painted the pedestal antique white and the bowls a beautiful turquoise color.


I sanded the edges of the pedestal and the bowls. Then glued the bowls onto the levels.
I started out with wood glue, but the bowls were sliding around
so I ended up using a hot glue gun.

Then I attached some rusty tags with 1...2...3 on them with hemp string.
Ta Da!
Electronics Shrine finished!


Now to work on the night table that it is going to sit on...



4 comments:

Momma Button said...

Total cuteness Ash!!!

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

Ash,
How stinkin cute!! Love the teal color you used. Nice pop of color. Thanks for joining the Craftaholics Anonymous party! I had fun stopping by and checking out your craftiness!
Linda

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

Hey Ash,
Just wanted to stop by and let you know I featured your "shrine" today :)
happy crafting,
Linda
Craftaholics Anonymous

Lisa B. said...

I would have snatched that up for $1 too. Great find and I love what you did with it.