Background

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Old Made Bold Pin Board

Again, the ladies at the Drab to Fab blog inspired me to make an old pin board into something new. It was in ok shape when I got it, but needed some repairs. After I fixed it, I painted the frame with a maple syrup colored craft paint.


I had leftover fabric from making a ribbon board for my niece for Christmas so I used it to cover the board and added pink and brown ribbon as trim.

I wanted to cover up the corners so I made a little wooden sign with some spare wood slats that I had used for a previous project, Antique White craft paint, and rub on transfer lettering.

This is what I came up with.

I saw a cute flower design on the Shabby 2 Sweet blog and made two for two of the corners.

This is how they turned out. Then I added a ribbon bow to the final corner. I also used hemp string to make a bow for the sign.

Thanks, Bon, for the great idea!


3 comments:

Bon said...

LUrve this too! Oh my Ash...you aRE MOTIVATED...i NEED SOME OF YOUR ENERGY THESE DAYS! lOVE IT!

Momma Button said...

TOOOO Cute! We should have a craft night show and tell!

Emily said...

I love all these cute projects you are doing! they look so great. I wish i had things to make projects with.... although i guess i have mounds and mounds of fabric i could do something with.... anyhoo point is, super cute!