Background

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Canning Applesauce

Eversince I was a little girl, I remember my mother canning food.
She always did peaches, raspberries, cherries, pickles, and tomatos, along with an assortment of jams.
This year, I decided that I wanted to can applesauce with the apples that Chase's parents gave us.
After borrowing the canning supplies from my parent's house and many calls to Tanya, we came out with 21 quarts of applesauce.
Tropic, Utah Apples from Chase's mom and dad
Our little stove was barely big enough to boil the apples and can the sauce.
Now I understand why my parents set their kitchen up the way that they did.

The coolest apple grinding machine ever!

Me in all my pregnant canning glory...I am even barefoot.

Chase was awesome and helped me out!

Our fantastic 21 quarts of applesauce.

I felt so accomplished after we were done!

4 comments:

Greg and Meg said...

Very cool! I remember my mom canning stuff and it took so long and made such a mess I'm scared to ever try it myself, so good for you! It looks delicious!

The Pendletons said...

You are awesome! And you look so cute pregnant (again)! Sounds like you had success too! There is a street in our neighborhood called Star Gazer, funny huh?! I love you!

Seth and Eryn said...

How cute are you? Prego, barefoot, and canning. You don't fit the Mormon stereotype at all!! :] Cadence is so freakin cute with his haircut, fyi.

T! said...

nice shirt weed.